DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT
- Optical Design: "CODE V" (Optical Research Associates)
- Mechanical / System Design (CAD/CAM): PTC/Creo
- Reliability and ILS: Windchill Quality Solutions (Relex 2011)
- PCB design: Altium designer
- Image processing/Algorithm Design and testing: Matlab
- HDL/FPGA design: Xilinx ISE, Synopsys Synplify, Modelsim
The Group's production process is vertically integrated, overseeing every aspect of the production cycle. THEON’s production premises also have the capacity to facilitate the entire production process, from initial research, design, and prototyping, testing and evaluation, product development and enhancement, enhanced automation, as well as aftermarket support and modernization. This approach enables the Group to deliver distinctive solutions while maintaining a cost-effective structure.
THEON INTERNATIONAL has an extensive range of test and measurement equipment, many of which are in-house designed and assembled. These instruments enable THEON INTERNATIONAL to carry out a number of tests and measurements of optical elements, component groups and complete systems. Amongst others, the following equipment are available:
- Test Stations for day optics
- Test Stations for night optics
- Test Stations for thermal systems
- Calibration and metrology equipment
- Temperature chamber for low and high temperature tests
For further tests such as weapon shock, cargo drop, salt fog test etc., THEON INTERNATIONAL uses certified test laboratories in Greece and abroad.
The assembly of optical components is being done in class 100 (FED-STD-209E) flow-boxes which are located in a 10.000 class clean room. Special care is given to ensure that all components are clean and free of dust or other impurities. Our personnel is properly trained to carry out the assembly of such optical elements.
The assembly of the complete system and its accessories is done in a clean room of class 100.000. Electronic modules are being handled in a special area, which is electrostatically protected.
The storage area is a protected room where optical, mechanical and electronic components are being stored. Part of the storage area is specially controlled in accordance to ITAR requirements, such as US image intensifier tubes.
THEON's CNC workshop is equipped with multi-axis CNC machines, which can cut metal and plastics. The machines are programmed either manually or directly through the CAD/CAM connection from the design department.
Basic principle and commitment of THEON INTERNATIONAL, but also philosophy of its staff, is to provide to its customers products and services that fulfill their contractual requirements, comply with the relevant statutory and regulatory requirements and also achieve the quality objects set for each contract.
- Has adopted a Quality Management System (Q.M.S.) iaw the international standard ISO 9001:2015, which is implemented throughout the company and in all of its activities that have impact on the quality of its projects and the customer satisfaction.
- Develops a company's business development plan taking into account internal and external parameters (swot analysis). It examines and continuously monitors stakeholders that influence it through a risk analysis process. Reviews and improves continually the characteristics of its products, when this is possible, as well as the effectiveness of its processes and thus of the Quality Management System as a whole.
- Sets measurable quality objectives in company level, in department and/or process level as well as in project level. These objectives are established and reviewed as to the point of achievement during the Management review of the Q.M.S. by the Leadership and at the end of each project, respectively.
- Provides the resources needed for the unobstructed, effective and efficient operation of each department of the company.
- Invests in the continual schooling, advising and training of its staff so as they enhance the Quality in all of their activities.
- Monitors, measures and evaluates critical parameters and Processes, on order to ensure Quality objectives achievement.