DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT
- Optical Design: "CODE V" (Optical Research Associates)
- Mechanical / System Design (CAD/CAM): PTC/Creo
- Reliability and ILS: Windchill Quality Solutions (Relex 2011)
- PCB design: Altium designer
- Image processing/Algorithm Design and testing: Matlab
- HDL/FPGA design: Xilinx ISE, Synopsys Synplify, Modelsim
THEON SENSORS has an extensive range of test and measurement equipment, many of which are in-house designed and assembled. These instruments enable THEON SENSORS to carry out a number of tests and measurements of optical elements, component groups and complete systems. Amongst others, the following equipment are available:
- Test Stations for day optics
- Test Stations for night optics
- Test Stations for thermal systems
- Calibration and metrology equipment
- Temperature chamber for low and high temperature tests
For further tests such as weapon shock, cargo drop, salt fog test etc., THEON SENSORS uses certified test laboratories in Greece and abroad.
The assembly of optical components is being done in class 100 (FED-STD-209E) flow-boxes which are located in a 10.000 class clean room. Special care is given to ensure that all components are clean and free of dust or other impurities. Our personnel is properly trained to carry out the assembly of such optical elements.
The assembly of the complete system and its accessories is done in a clean room of class 100.000. Electronic modules are being handled in a special area, which is electrostatically protected.
The storage area is a protected room where optical, mechanical and electronic components are being stored. Part of the storage area is specially controlled in accordance to ITAR requirements, such as US image intensifier tubes.
THEON's CNC workshop is equipped with multi-axis CNC machines, which can cut metal and plastics. The machines are programmed either manually or directly through the CAD/CAM connection from the design department.
THEON SENSORS takes into consideration the increasing importance of environmental protection and is committed to meet the customer requirements while promoting sustainable development through effective management of natural resources, reducing environmental impacts and continuous environmental monitoring of its activities.
The company is committed in the framework of an overall environmental protection philosophy for the implementation of actions that have the following main application areas:
- Implementation of an Environmental Management System according to the international standard ISO 14001:2004, aiming to continuously improving the environmental performance of the company.
- Compliance of all company's operations to the relevant European and national laws and regulations.
- Rational use of natural resources, energy, raw and auxiliary materials in production processes, while maintaining the quality of its products.
- Reduction, with a view to minimize where possible, of liquid, solid or gaseous effluents.
- Analysis of the environmental impacts before the adoption and introduction of new production processes and products.
- Continuous training, education and encouraging all employees to actively participate in improving environmental performance.
- Information of the company's partners (customers, suppliers, contractors, government agencies, etc.) for the company's commitment to eliminate its environmental impacts.
- Provide information to external stakeholders on environmental performance for the purpose of information and cooperation for effective environmental protection.
- Introduction of environmental programs aimed at achieving the objectives of environmental targets, reducing environmental risks and prevent environmental accidents.
- Systematic measurement, monitoring and evaluation during the implementation of environmental policy principles.
- Continuous review of environmental objectives and targets established by the company to continuously improve the environmental performance and create favorable conditions for sustainable development.
Basic principle and commitment of THEON SENSORS, but also philosophy of its staff, is to provide to its customers products and services that fulfill their contractual requirements, comply with the relevant statutory and regulatory requirements and also achieve the quality objects set for each contract.
To achieve the above mentioned THEON SENSORS S.A. Leadership:
- Has adopted a Quality Management System (Q.M.S.) iaw the international standard ISO 9001:2015, which is implemented throughout the company and in all of its activities that have impact on the quality of its projects and the customer satisfaction.
- Develops a company's business development plan taking into account internal and external parameters (swot analysis). It examines and continuously monitors stakeholders that influence it through a risk analysis process. Reviews and improves continually the characteristics of its products, when this is possible, as well as the effectiveness of its processes and thus of the Quality Management System as a whole.
- Sets measurable quality objectives in company level, in department and/or process level as well as in project level. These objectives are established and reviewed as to the point of achievement during the Management review of the Q.M.S. by the Leadership and at the end of each project, respectively.
- Provides the resources needed for the unobstructed, effective and efficient operation of each department of the company.
- Invests in the continual schooling, advising and training of its staff so as they enhance the Quality in all of their activities.
Monitors, measures and evaluates critical parameters and Processes, on order to ensure Quality objectives achievement.